Brilliant PR & Marketing seeks a Senior Vice President to support the agency’s expanding team and rapid growth.
In its second decade of operation, Brilliant is one of the most respected agencies serving consumer lifestyle brands and products with a specific focus on those marketed to families including baby and maternity products, toys and games, tech, housewares and food.
We’re seeking a Senior Vice President (SVP) with extensive and proven experience leading agency growth, developing business, executing strategic brand planning, fostering client relationships, developing teams and more.
The SVP will serve as the fourth member of the agency’s operations and leadership team, spending approximately 25% of their capacity focused on agency growth, operations and new business development. The balance of the senior leader’s time will be spent overseeing a portfolio of ~10 clients, ranging from known household brands executing strategic programs and campaigns to up-and-coming challengers focused on generating ubiquitous media and influencer awareness. This role will be expected to serve a broad swath of needs ranging from the highest level agency organization and management all the way down to ensuring teams are operating efficiently and effectively, maintaining ultimate responsibility for results, tactical execution and client satisfaction.
So what’s Brilliant all about? We are a unique PR agency in that our more than 20 team members each work remotely, with pockets of staff centralized in NYC, LA and Scottsdale, AZ, and even more scattered around the country. We give our people the resources and freedom to get their work done without having to sit in a cubicle or stuffy office. But, team members are expected to be self-starting, super-motivated individuals who have project and time management down to an art. Although we are remote, team members are expected to be available and online during normal business hours.
- Agency Operations, New Business and Growth
- Work with the agency’s operations team to oversee all aspects of agency management and growth including staff planning, time projections, growth goals, operational process and procedures, etc.
- Lead new business development efforts, taking direct responsibility for new client prospecting, development of strategic proposals, onboarding new clients, etc.
- Become a master of agency processes and procedures, contributing to developing our standards of practice and ensuring compliance across the company.
- Be a source of forward-thinking, innovative concepts not only for generating results for clients, but for growing the agency.
- Serve as a strategic planning leader for the agency, going beyond your own clients and new business prospects to bring fresh creative and strategic thinking to all agency clients. This could include brand campaigns, partnerships, stunts, events, media integrations, media tours, etc.
- Tactical Implementation
- Work with teams to develop meaningful media and influencer outreach strategies, stepping in to craft high-priority pitches and directly pitch top-tier contacts.
- Oversee and participate in the development of media materials, fact sheets, Q&As, branded content, blog posts, op-eds, scripts, surveys, toolkits and other media required to support media/influencer outreach and client objectives.
- Understand the digital landscape, and work seamlessly with social and digital media team members to develop and implement best-in-class strategies for clients.
- Work with teams to develop timelines, task tracking processes, workflows and more to ensure the ongoing quality execution of client business.
- Client and Program Management
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for the day-to-day operations, long-term results, growth trajectories and satisfaction of a portfolio of approximately 10 clients.
- Become an expert and champion surrounding client’s brands and products, guiding team members, shared agency resources and third parties to execute their work in a strategic and brand appropriate manner.
- Earn client’s trust as a valued strategic counselor, working with them to assess opportunities and needs tied to the growth of their businesses beyond media and influencer coverage.
- Communicate the value and purpose of the agency’s work to clients.
- Work with staff to ensure their productive contribution to the team’s needs in addition to their professional growth.
- Participate in and ensure team readiness for client status calls.
- Oversee the development of timelines, task trackers, workflows and other tools required to keep projects and teams on track.
- Oversee development of budgets, logistical plans, runs of show, etc.
- Oversee management and tracking of client’s out of pocket budgets, working with agency finance team to ensure proper billing.
- Review ongoing and monthly reporting to ensure accuracy, and communicate results in a meaningful and thoughtful way to clients.
- Work with teams to develop key performance indicators for each client, and maintain ultimate responsibility for meeting such goals.
- Understand the shifting landscape of public relations and counsel clients on emerging best practices in influencer collaboration, affiliates, results amplification, etc.
Basic Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism, communications or a related area of study
- At least 10 years of PR agency experience serving consumer brands and products
- Proven results in agency growth, team leadership and tactical execution including the management of media and influencer programs
- Understanding of social and digital media platforms and their related marketing strategies
- Exceptional computer skills using Outlook, Cision, Google Docs, AirTable, video conferencing and inter-office messaging systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Masters degree or other post-graduate certification in PR, marketing, journalism, social/digital media, communications or a related area of study
- Experience with brands and products being marketed to moms, dads, kids and families
Sound like a fit?! To apply, you will need to complete our online application, our pre-assessment test, and provide samples of your work and resume. Please set aside about 30 minutes to complete the entire application. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. Ready to apply? Apply here!