FULL TIME REMOTE -Public Relations Press Coordinator
Position: FULL TIME REMOTE – Public Relations Press Coordinator
Location: United States
# of Openings: 2
Salary Range: DOE
Brilliant PR & Marketing Seeks a Press Coordinator to support the agency’s growing team and rapid growth.
Brilliant is in its second decade and is one of the most respected agencies serving consumer lifestyle brands with a specific focus on products, brands and services for families including baby and maternity, toys and games, tech, housewares and food.
We’re seeking an entry-level Press Coordinator (PC) with intern experience in an agency setting. Our ideal Press Coordinator is at the start of their career but has aspirations to progress quickly to more senior-level agency positions. Key responsibilities will be tracking the success and result your team generates through media monitoring, fueling our agency’s proprietary results reporting database, creating custom reports to merchandise results to clients, communicating those results directly to clients, and more.
This role is the perfect opportunity to learn and refine elements of the public relations trade that are the foundation for every role within an agency setting. This includes refining your research skills, developing professional judgment, learning how to strategically communicate with clients and more. You’ll work within the framework of a supportive 3-4 person team that will depend upon and guide you in executing the fundamental account tasks you’ll be leading while valuing your contributions to clients’ campaigns, strategies, events, and activations. We also recognize that the right candidate for this role may not be fresh out of school, but rather a seasoned professional from another field looking to take the first step toward a career pivot, or, a PR veteran who has been away from agency life for a while and looking to reenter.
So what’s Brilliant all about? We are a unique PR agency in that our more than 20 team members each work remotely, with pockets of staff centralized in NYC, LA and Scottsdale, AZ. We give our people the resources and freedom to get their work done without having to sit in a cubicle or stuffy office. Team members are expected to be self-starting, super-motivated individuals, who have project and time management down to an art. Although we are remote, team members are expected to be available and online during normal business hours.
- Monitoring client media, influencer, and social coverage and sending “Hits As They Happen” emails in real-time
- Tracking and coordinating product requests, sample inventory, and client sample budgets
- Generating monthly client reports via Coverage Book and managing a real-time published coverage tracker in AirTable
- Using Cision, Klear, Google, Twitter, Instagram, and more to build curated media and influencer target lists
- Developing management skills by leading interns to success
- Becoming a professional researcher and mastering the art of using Google, LinkedIn, and other search engines
- Showing off your understanding of numbers and data by taking the charge on identifying insights and creating metrics reports
- Work with your team to develop early media and influencer relations skills
Beyond these core responsibilities, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to the bigger picture and reach toward more advanced tasks. Examples include contributing ideas for pitch angles, influencer opportunities, activations, and campaigns, drafting pitches, press materials and more.
Basic Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism, communications or a related area of study
- At least 6 months experience in consumer products PR, preferably in an agency setting (including internships or college work experiences). No internship experience? Check out our Press Coordinator in Training program!
- Familiarity with Outlook, Cision, Google Docs, video conferencing and Glip
- First-hand experience with social media channels and influencers including Facebook
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, project management, and time management skills
- Experience with Coverage Book, Meltwater/Klear, AirTable and video and photo editing software is a BIG plus
- SUPER organized style and the ability to focus working off-site
- Excitement for numbers! PR involves analyzing data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Experience using Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
Sound like a fit?! Apply Here!